Bamboo Mirror Makeover

Bamboo Mirror Before & After I have a really quick makeover for you guys. As you already know I love me some Craigslist, thrift stores, and yard sales. Let’s face it, I ain’t paying full price for nothing!  Now the downside of me shopping at those places is that the pieces normally require some type of TLC. I have sooooo many projects that I need to get to. This one, however, was really really easy and quick! It didn’t require any sanding (hence the reason I haven’t painted my other pieces). This redo consisted of me only buying 2 cans of spray paint! I love a fast makeover.
Bamboo Mirror
I started with this bamboo mirror that I found for $3 at a yard sale. Originally, it was $5, but I asked if I could get it for $3 since the mirror was broken. Initially, I planned on getting another mirror for it, but after painting it and styling it, I opted not to. I kinda like it like this. I have way too many mirrors anyway.

1. I removed the mirror & threw it out (I could have saved it for some type of mosaic project, but that’s not really my style)

2. I used vinegar and water to wipe down the entire piece

Bamboo Mirror1
3. I then used a white primer by Rust-Oleum to prep the piece for paint

Bamboo Mirror3
4. Apply a spray paint color of your choice. I opted for Rust-Oleum  Gloss Protective Enamel in Sail Blue  (1 coat)

Bamboo Mirror2
5. Wait for it to dry and hang! How easy! I didn’t hang mine though. I liked the way it looked just leaning on the wall

Bamboo Mirror4

So what do you think? Are you working on any quick makeovers? Let me know!

Prissy1

HEY LOOK! YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Yard Sale Chair Makeover
Thrift Store Brass Lamp Makeover

6 responses to “Bamboo Mirror Makeover”

1. Rhea says:

Wow it looks perfect!
    Xx
    Rhea

2. Mook says:

Nice

3. hopelessaddict says:

LOVE THIS!!! You could also use a piece of cork to make a cute little place to post outfit ideas and inspirations.

• Prissy says:

Thank you! I could do that. There are sooo many options for an empty frame. I was also thinking about putting a thin piece of wood, or some type of material in it and painting it with chalkpaint. I’m still undecided though. I just don’t want it to look too cluttered because a gallery wall will be going up right next to it.

4. TDrenice says:

Prissy you are a genius! What was your inspiration for selecting that shade of blue to paint the bamboo?

• Prissy says:

Awww thank you so much! I knew I wanted some type of color. Originally, I wanted a fuchsia color, but couldn’t find it in Lowes. I didn’t feel like going to another store, so I actually settled with this blue color. I do really, really like it though. I think it was a better choice than the fuchsia.