I have a super simple DIY for you guys! So I’m minding my business, scrolling through Pinterest, when I see this image. How cool, right? It looked pretty easy, so I thought I’d give it a try. I used the ampersand sign because I love the way it looked, but you can also do letters, numbers, whatever you like! I am working on a hashtag art piece for my closet room. This project was so inexpensive and virtually under $3 per piece of art. I purchased the thumb tacks from the Dollar Store for $1 each. The canvas is from Ross. It came in a set of 6 for $6.99.
Let’s get started…..
- Start by typing your symbol into a Word doc, then enlarging it to the size you want. The size depends on the size of your canvas. I think my symbol is around 600pt, and my canvas is 8×10.
- Next cut out the symbol, then use a pencil to trace it onto your canvas.
- Next, outline your image with the thumb tacks
- Start filling in your image with the remainder of thumbtacks (I used around 400 total).
- Tah-dah!!! All done. Now wasn’t that easy? Ok, go ahead and pat yourself on the back…you did a great job!
Stay tuned for a bookshelf styling post!