High Bun

064So…….I’m super excited because I am finally able to get my hair in a ponytail! I was struggling with this hair on Sunday, yall. I washed & conditioned it….easy. But, I was trying to do some type of updo thingy, and could not braid the back of my own hair for the style. I got so frustrated that I almost cried (I know, TMI). But sometimes, you just get like that when things aren’t working out *shrugs shoulders*. I had to figure out something to do to my hair because I had to work on Monday. Of course, I’ve seen countless amounts of YouTube videos, and I remembered watching some ladies do a faux bun. This would be perfect! The question was “Could I get my hair into a ponytail”? Since my hair was still wet, and in a shrunken state, I decided to blow dry it to see if it was long enough. Low & behold, ya girl was able to do it! I was so excited! I think it came out pretty good.049

056

019

Cardigan: Target, Shirt: Marshalls, Jeans: Old Navy, Boots: Xmas gift from daughter, Watch: Marc Jacobs, Rings: H&M and Coach, Earrings & Glasses: Forever 21

015062

017

Can you ladies relate to the “This hair just aint doing right” days?

Comments

1. Takia says

Your bun looks so cute! Trust, I have cried several times dealing with this natural hair!

2. says

OMG you look great! Yes I can relate to breaking down and crying. It just be like that. So frustrating.

3. says

love it, your hair is a little longer than mine but I would love to try that! Can you do a tutorial or show how you created the bun?

4. says

I love that SHIRT and the way you toned it down with neutrals was genius!
    The hair compliments the whole look…
    I go get my hair done every week to keep it in optimal shape. I try to get a style that can still look good when it gets old and is easy to maintain…(side part under)

5. says

I can definitely relate to that feeling! I think it happens to every woman and I have had it more times than I can count with natural hair. I love the look! Love the top too!

6. says

It came out so cute!!! I have lots of those, this hair ain’t doing right days where I find myself on the brink of tears, so I can certainly relate. Love your casual outfit too; so chic!

7. says

I can completely relate to your hair issues. To get my hair into a puff, I have to have my husband come hold it while I tie it up with a shoestring. So when he’s not available, I get super frustrated.

I love this look on you. The shirt, the cardi and boots — it all works!