DIY Striped Clutch

Hey Loves! Happy Hump Day. Did I tell you that I am going on a cruise soon? This will be my very 1st one. I’m beyond  excited!  We’re starting off with a small 4-day cruise in the Bahamas. I’ve always been afraid to go on cruises. I think its because I’m surrounded by so much water, and believe it or not….I can’t swim :(. The water makes me nervous. I can’t fly either, but I have no issues with getting on a plane….crazy right? I think I’ll do a little shopping this week for the trip. I’m in desperate need of cute little dresses. That’s what I plan on wearing the entire time.

Pants: H&M, Shirt: Cotton On, Shoes: Bakers, Clutch: Forever 21 (DIY Stripes), Watch: Michael Kors, Bracelets & Necklace: Ebay

I painted this striped clutch a while back during the time I got sick. I started documenting the process because I wanted to do a DIY for you guys. Of course that didn’t happen. I somewhat used this technique to create the stripes. She used acrylic paint, but I just used spray paint. I thought paintint it would be too time consuming. The clutch was a lucky find from Forever 21 for $17.80. I think its a laptop pouch & I found it in the men’s department. I have so many DIY projects on my list, its ridiculous. Hopefully, I’ll get to document the other ones for you.

Do you enjoy doing DIY projects? What are you currently working on? Do tell!

Comments

1. says

I love DIY but I hardly ever have time to do them, or I will start on some and never complete them.
    On my current list for the month of April: A denim statement necklace, jeweled shoes and studded or beaded collar button-down.
    That’s just the start, I really want to do the neon shoes that …Love Maegan posted & Consider Me Lovely recreated but I have to find the right shoes. I have some old white ones that might work…
    Love the clutch by the way I am looking for some inexpensive ones (under $10) to try this project out, someone said a tool bag.

2. says

I went on my first cruise last year to the Bahamas and I can’t swim either but I enjoyed it nonetheless. You can keep yourself occupied with so many activities and you’ll hardly feel the boat moving, so I think you actually might enjoy it. I would love to do another one for longer next time.
    I love DIY projects but I am not crafty and I can be impatient which means it might end up sloppy. My neon necklace project turned out pretty well and that’s only because it was simple and easy.

3. says

I have never been on a cruise but I’m an island girl & use to water. You will be fine! Love your look! I need those shoes

4. says

Enjoy your cruise and be ready to eat eat eat……I absolutely love your sense of style and luv the d.I.y. clutch

5. says

I likethe bigger pouch. The thing I hate (and love) about F21 is that just because you gor this from there doesn’t mean I can pop in and find the same thing. =/ PS Love the floral pants =)

6. says

You look amazing as always. Great look! Your DIY clutch, really caught my eye. It is fabulous! I don’t do a lot of DIY’s, I usuallly work out my creativity in the kitchen or with a verse…LOL, but I am working on a DIY clutch too:-) I have actually made a couple of others that came out quite well. A clutch is a very timeless bag and they never go out of style, so I don’t think you can ever have too many.

7. says

YAY, for the diy clutch getting done! it looks great with this look; love those pants!!

Hooray for your approaching cruise!! I can’t swim either, but I’ve wanted to go on a cruise for some time now. Have a blast!!

8. says

Prissy, love the clutch and your pants too. I am rocking minds today as well here at the office. I call them “The blogger pants thanks to H&M”….LOL. I need to post some pictures too so I can be on the wagon. Happy Blogging :)

9. says

i love it Prissy! congrats on your cruise trip…i just started taking swimming classes because i cannot swim and i am terrified of water. i plan on going on a cruise when i graduate in december so taking the swimming classes are definitely helping and they cost little to nothing at my local community college. also, i am working on circle skirts in ankara fabric for my lookbook for summer and funny, some self made clutch purses. you look great by the way Prissy, you rocked the pants and the hair is looking good. that turban look was killer!

10. says

I am not the least bit artistically inclined so I don’t do any DIY projects but I am loving everything about this look!

11. says

Yaaay! FINALLY! the clutch came out sooooo cute. the colors are so vibrant, and I thinkyou got better coverage with the spray paint. I love it..

glad to see you rocking those pants, too!

12. says

I’m sure you’ll have a fabulous time on your cruise. I can’t swim very well so lots of water always makes me nervous but you’ll be okay. Love the floral pants.

13. says

You look gorgeous! I like that you didn’t stick with black shoes with this look. The red helps the pants to really pop! Have fun on your cruise!

14. says

Love the floral pants! I really want to try some kind of diy one day, just so busy smh. We are supposed to go on a cruise for my birthday, I can’t swim but I don’t have a problem flying too:)

15. says

I like the floral pants… I’ve seen a few bloggers ROCK them and they have all been styled differently and look GREAT! The DIY clutch is FAB!!!! I’m currently workig on hairbows and trying some new recipes *fingers crossed*

16. caramelnaps25 says

Hey Prissy,

I just recently learned to swim myself and had planned to go on a cruise for my big birthday last year. I hope to go on one this summer as well. I got a little nervous with all the stuff in the news, but the same things can happen here on land, lol. I love that clutch also.

17. says

I love D.I.Y! I’ve been mainly doing wedding projects and making my own wigs and hair clips, but I’m tempted to try re-vamping a clutch!

18. G. says

Loving the DIY clutch. Looking forward to your tutorial. My current DIY projects includes repairing jewelry. I have a lot of vintage jewelry pieces I refuse to part with.

19. says

Prissy let me just say that 1st of all…I love your hair! Every time I visit your blog, your hair is what I notice first. I think you rock it and it’s super cute. Now on to the outfit…cute!! And you found a clutch that size at Forever21? Jealous! But love it all the same :)

20. says

Loving that clutch, if you ever decide to get rid of it, call me..fo reals…I tried on those pants from h&m but I was too bootylicious for them, they look fab on you!