Easy Peasy Corndogs

Last weekend I had a craving for corndogs. I’ve never made them before but I knew the taste I was going for. I started adding ingredients to a bowl & came up with this super easy & super yummy recipe. If you have little ones, they will love helping you make these!

The line up!

Combine egg, corn muffin mix, pancake mix, milk, & sugar. Whisk until you have a well mixed batter

This is the consistency you’re looking for. If you like a thicker batter…..add less milk

Insert the skewers into the  hotdogs

It was easier for me to pour my batter into a glass & dip the hotdogs in it

Fry the corndogs in vegetable oil until golden brown

I like eating my corndogs traditionally with ketchup & mustard!

Let me know if you guys try these easy corndogs! Your family will love them!

Easy Peasy Corndogs

15 minutes

Ingredients

• 1 package of Jiffy corn muffin mix
  • 1/2 cup of pancake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 c milk
  • 3 tbsp sugar
  • 1 package of hotdogs
  • skewers
  • vegetable oil for frying

Instructions

Combine egg, milk, corn muffin mix, pancake mix, & sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until you have a well mixed batter. Insert skewers into the hotdogs. Coat the hotdogs with batter. Immediately add the hotdogs to the oil. Fry until golden brown. Serve with ketchup & mustard.

HEY LOOK! YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:

Super Simple Peach Dumplings
Baked Eggs w/Bacon & Spinach
Eating with Prissy: Creamy Shrimp & Spinach Pasta
Eating with Prissy: Grilled Chicken Burritos w/Corn & Black Bean Salsa

19 responses to “Easy Peasy Corndogs”

1. Tinu says:

That looks soooo yummy!

2. dana says:

My daughter would love these! That look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

3. Lord your recipes always leave my mouth watering. That looks good.

-Shakiyla

4. MieshaRoshawn says:

I have to try these!!! Oh and I love the maxi dress!! I moved a little over a week ago and forgot to tell you I received it.

5. Kymberly says:

Those look good and super easy to make. I have to try this.

6. This looks super delish and easy. I have all of the ingredients in my pantry. Will be trying it out! 🙂

7. localceleb says:

I would have never thought to make my own corndogs, they look great! We will try these!

8. Rocquelle says:

Prissy these look yummy, and you make them look so easy to make! I am going to add this to my diy list, lol.

9. Shanna says:

Thanks Prissy!! i have been trying to figure out how to do this on my own!

10. Keytwanna says:

Thanks cousin. I been needing this recipe since the Fair!!! Lol……. I will let you know how they turn out.

11. Lisa says:

Big hello all the way from Nottingham, England I never really knew what a corn dog actually was before lol we don’t have them in the uk, but they look great I think I’m gonna give them a try :o)
    Love the blog you always look great, keep up the good work
    Xx

12. Keonté says:

Amazing! I am so trying this. Corn dogs are my favorite. Thank you for sharing this simple recipe.

13. Trice says:

Now this looks like something easy enough to try! Looks yummy!

14. Pam says:

Hi Prissy I cant find corn muffin mix here can I use polenta instead? How many grams?
    Thanks
    Pam

• Prissy says:

Where do you live? You should be able to find some type of corn meal mix (even if its unsweetened). You can just add sugar. Honestly, I’ve never worked with polenta before, so I’m not too sure how it will work. When I think of polenta, I think of grits, and I can’t picture that working with this dish. Let me know what you figure out!
      Prissy

15. Rhea says:

The batter settles in the pan and falls off the dogs. How do you make it stay!?!?

• Prissy says:

Awww, I’m sorry to hear that. Maybe you need to thicken up the batter a little more. Hopefully, that works. Let me know,
      Prissy

16. Jennifer says:

I made these for my husband for lunch and he absolutely loved them! The recipe was super easy thanks so much for posting this!