Vintage Floral Dress

Hi guys!! Hope everyone had a happy, happy weekend. Mine was rather short! I didn’t do much. I really wanted to go thrifting, but my daughter had a 4 hour test at her school, so I had to be there to pick her up. I didnt wanna chance going thrifting while she was testing. I know how I am in the thrift store…I would have gotten caught up, next thing you know they’d be calling Child Services on me for leaving her there!! LOL! Just kidding!!

Anyhoo, I wanted to share my outfit from last weekend when the ladies & I went out for dinner. As you can see in this pic, I was behind everyone so you didn’t get to see my dress!

I purchased this dress from the thrift store for $2! It was alot longer (below the knee). That was nice, but just not my style. If you are an avid reader of this blog, then you know I like to show a little leg!! LOL! So I shortened it a bit. Since the dress is kinda overwhelming with color & pattern, I opted for nude shoes & minimal jewelry. I didn’t want the outfit to be too busy.  I also love the fact that it has pockets! A dress with pockets is always a plus in my book.

Dress: Thrifted, Shoes: BCBG, Handbag: Jessica Simpson, Earrings: Borrowed

Before I go, I need to announce the 2 winners of my eShakti giveaway! Comment #14 (Tasha) & #18 (Madeline). Congrats ladies! I’ll send you an email shortly with the details!

1. says

damn it, I didn’t win!!! So sad, so so sad!

You already know how much I love that dress! it’s gorgeous dahling! The length is perfect!! So here is my thrifting list:
    1. Leather Pants
    2. Leather Skirt
    3. Long Sleeve Floral Dresses that Prissy can cut and make fabulous for me.

Please and Thanks! :) LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week, Prissy!

2. says

Love this dress (and those shoes). Your make-up was a perfect compliment to the colors too. Now… how can I get legs like that? ;~)

3. says

Lol at Eboni

LOVED that dress on you. You styled it amazing. When you are done send it to me lol. The nude shoes go well with it…..

4. says

Of course, I already told you how cute this dress was, but I didn’t know it was long and you shortened it!!! My oh my…. It’s very cute Prissy, I loved it!!! :)

5. says

Prissy you look so cute! I love that dress, I have a dress from lily kai that I want to make a blouse it’s too fitted on the hips. can i send it to you!?! LOL

6. says

Very cute dress! sometimes floral can be so overwhelming but you always seem to pull it off nicely! The shoes are a FAB combo! And I love that you kept the jewelery to a minimum! Love It! xoxo Ty

7. Terria says

That dress is so cute. I love finding little vintage clothes that look great. Sometimes only thing you have to do is change a little thing about them and they look perfect.

8. says

Lol @ CPS being called…

I love this whole look Prissy since I saw the original post!
    Those shoes is everything right now !!=)

9. Rocquelle says

I love this dress!! You look so gorgeous darling!!! Can you find me one just like it it but leave it knee length? Lol

10. says

Love the dress Prissy! Girl I was late last week picking my daughter up cause I had 45 minutes to kill prior to picking her up and yep I sho did hit up the nearest thrift store!! haaaaaaa
    The length of that dress is perfect now and the nude shoes were the right choice. I never win nothing and I’m surprised Inez’s lucky arse (in my English accent) didn’t win this one too!! lol Kiah

11. says

Love this floral dress Prissy..very pretty and I’m loving how you made it into the perfect length for you. You will need to start posting some DIY Tutorials for us..hint, hint lol

12. says

Prissy omg I love this look Im soo mad cause for some reason I can’t post comments on your blog something about a password ?? I might just be doing it wrong or something..but anyways your dress is gorgeous and shoes to die for

13. says

1st: Prissy, you have a daughter? i am shocked because you do not look it at all
    2nd: i love this dress a whole lot…very nice job shortening it
    3rd: how is the sewing coming along?
    4th: you asked me if i was on twitter recently and i just opened mine back up. i followed you…find me @
    5th: you look great as always, even standing behind 11

14. says

That dress is an amazing find, and yes you do love to show some leg, so this shorter length suits you perfectly. Now I want to thrift!! lol

15. says

That dress!! You know how much I love floral printed anything, lololol. Your makeup is beautiful. The nude heels are hot doll!! Now don’t go trying to relocate to the A (: